Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Arcadefly.com

Meet up with fellow OLR listeners in your favorite multiplayer video games. Remember the cardinal rule of the OLRmy: Don't be a dick.

Arcadefly.com

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Guys check this out:

http://www.arcadefly.com

It's sorta like what DDRFreak did with their 'machine locations', only a whole database of arcades that are out there, with all the games available in each.

You can even sign up for an account and have a 'favorite games' list, its cool.

I... wasn't really sure where to put this so I put it here, if you guys think it'd be better somewhere else feel free to move it, though. <3
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby act_deft » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Cool, it even has international locations.
I may submit some

No, MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. Never was, never will.
If I'm mistaken, Ranma gets a free copy of it. =P
act_deft
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Dyogenez » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:50 pm

Sweet, thanks for the nod! It's still work in progress, but off to a good start. I used to run ddrei.com (still run? depends if you consider it "alive" -- i don't), so all the locations in there are ddr/bemani ones until the rest of the arcade community comes on board. At least anyone who registers can modify locations and games at a location, so hopefully they'll start being filled in -- but it's going to be one hell of a long process.

If anyone is interested in helping out though, please let me know! Looking for some local admins (admins who can edit anything within 500 miles of their location). Or just go ahead and make changes; that's always good too. :)
Dyogenez
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Dyogenez wrote:Sweet, thanks for the nod! It's still work in progress, but off to a good start. I used to run ddrei.com (still run? depends if you consider it "alive" -- i don't), so all the locations in there are ddr/bemani ones until the rest of the arcade community comes on board. At least anyone who registers can modify locations and games at a location, so hopefully they'll start being filled in -- but it's going to be one hell of a long process.

If anyone is interested in helping out though, please let me know! Looking for some local admins (admins who can edit anything within 500 miles of their location). Or just go ahead and make changes; that's always good too. :)

Hey no problem! You know, our show had its original roots in Konami's music games (DDR, beatmania, PPP, GF/dm) and we talked about arcades in general for hours on end -- hell we still do on occasion -- so to see something like this, like they've had on DDRFreak, but more general in nature, is very awesome indeed.

Maybe I'll try and work in a plug on the show sunday?
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Dyogenez » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:39 pm

That would be very cool! Any interest always helps, especially since it's all user generated content. I'm really hoping that once enough people join, and start favoriting games we'll be able to give some statistics like "people in <insert location> really want a <insert game> but there isn't one for <insert distance>" and people could use that to urge their arcade to get it with some backing that there's really a market for it. That's after years of trying to get ANY arcade in Orlando to get a music game besides DDR without success. ;/
Dyogenez
New Listener
New Listener

Postby hitstun » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:43 am

This is a pretty cool site. I went in and added some arcades in the Columbus area, and edited a few more. Hopefully word of this site will get around some more and stir up competition between arcades again.

Thanks for registering here, Dyogenez. Check out the podcast!
ImageImage
hitstun
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to OLRmy Clans