Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

THE OFFICIAL 'Project Journey' THREAD!

Open forum for non-show specific discussion on Orange Lounge Radio including your suggestions for what you would like to see on the site & show.

THE OFFICIAL 'Project Journey' THREAD!

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am

Yeah, okay. It didn't happen in 2009.

But it's 2010, and things are different now!:

Why base it on the Journey arcade game?

I gave it some thought and figured, 'The hosts love journey, and classic videogames... and Journey had their own coin-op with several simple minigame-esque levels.' So building on that I went to work.

Additionally, I suck at drawing. So I just grabbed some random sprites from klik n' play, and pasted the hosts' faces onto them -- similar to what they did for the Journey arcade game.

(And not to mention my favorite indie developers did something similar for their soon to be on wiiware epic metroidvania game, so they did somewhat inspire me in making my game, even if it's nowhere near as epic. ^^; )

Depicted here is Rob Roberts' level, it takes place in the middle of a breakout game. If the ball hits any of those metal platforms they disappear. Collect all the CDs in the level, and a flag appears up on that brick block. Touch it to complete the level. DON'T FALL OFF the bottom of the platform or you'll lose a life. Getting hit by the ball is also instant death, but if you're crafty you can use the breakout paddle as a platform to grab the remaining CDs.

DS and LOKI's levels forthcoming, so watch for those!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to General OLR Chit-Chat