Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

THE OFFICIAL OLR BEST HITS THREAD

Open forum for non-show specific discussion on Orange Lounge Radio including your suggestions for what you would like to see on the site & show.

THE OFFICIAL OLR BEST HITS THREAD

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 am

UPDATE:

Volume 1 is nearly completed! There was a lot of really funny shit in the first 21 episodes, I think I've covered everything, at least from that era. (Which I won't spoil here, but trust me you're gonna love it.)

At some point down the line, perhaps next year I'll begin work on Volume 2! which should cover the rest of the episodes, and random snippets from some of the later pre-podcast episodes...

So watch this thread for the official release of this trip down memory lane! (I know most of you weren't here for it, but I think the hosts would get the most lols out of this. :3)

So. Looks like rob has finally put me up to the task of helping assemble a 'best of' show for OLR.

If any of you guys have any moments you'd like to see included, here's the place to have your voice heard! Y'know, seeing as how we're the podcast where "Every gamer has a voice".

Of course, all the obvious bits are already being considered, although I do have a few ideas... (misty also contributed a few ideas of her own, so we're teaming up to put something together.)

I do think I have a surprise or two myself, I'll have to look through my archives.... :3

EDIT: So it looks like we won't get to it on sunday. However, since I already started working on it, I figure 'why stop now?' so this will still be the official thread for your suggestions.

The way I was thinking of doing it, was actually inspired by someone's suggestion for the 'DDR Volume 1' rumors:

OLR BEST HITS Vol. 1 - from the first 170 or so Episodes, everything that predated the podcast era
OLR BEST HITS Vol. 2 - Everything from the Podcast era (well except the To Go stuff, since some of it was lost to the ages anyway ^^; ) as well as the 'specials' that were recorded but not officially part of the podcast feed.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Re: THE OFFICIAL OLR BEST HITS THREAD

Postby skie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:15 am

Sadly as I'm going to have to have everything edited & selected rather quickly I can't promise all of your guyses efforts will make *this* Sunday's encore, but I'm sure this will not be the last time we're out for a week so certianly I would **LOVE** input from everyone on volume 2.
Rob Roberts-- Contaminating Internet Radio since 1998
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 am

skie wrote:Sadly as I'm going to have to have everything edited & selected rather quickly I can't promise all of your guyses efforts will make *this* Sunday's encore, but I'm sure this will not be the last time we're out for a week so certianly I would **LOVE** input from everyone on volume 2.

That's what I was afraid of with such short notice... but I think I know a couple things we could include for volume 1... already working on the first part of what I was hoping to include, I just have to see how long this clip's going to be.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Here are some fine moments that i remember (off hand)... I don't remember the exact episode #'s of each moment but heres my list...

- Giggling Lesbian Gaming Show (Episode #226 according to the Wiki)

- Live365 borks OLR's nomination: Correct me if im wrong here with this... I remember that OLR was nominated for a podcast award from live365... At the ceremony they completely borked it and did not mention OLR when the read off the list of nominees... I remember Rob had a recording of Jamie and him yelling at the ceremony after they skipped over OLR...

- OLR Live from the PS3/Wii line party

- OLR live from Fanime with Loki's MACfan hater

- MR Spanky- 'nuff said (:P)

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:19 pm

ssj100matt wrote:Here are some fine moments that i remember (off hand)... I don't remember the exact episode #'s of each moment but heres my list...

- Giggling Lesbian Gaming Show (Episode #226 according to the Wiki)

- OLR live from Fanime with Loki's MACfan hater

I have both of these (though I forget if the fanime ep is on the OLRchive yet, might rectify that tomorrow if I remember) but after I finish making the first clip from old olr, I might work on finding that fanime clip next.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 pm

Initially I was disappointed I wouldn't get to finish the 'BEST HITS' special for Sunday's show, but since I've already started work on it, no sense letting it go to waste, right? check out the first post for details on what to expect in this two volume special edition of OLR.

Additional things to expect in both installments:

Best bits - prime examples of legendary Listless and Match Game segments, as well as a particularly special edition of 'Cagematch' (seeing as how this will probably be a 'bonus' for the longtime listeners, and not on the podcast feed. (in other words it'll probably wind up on the OLRchive!)
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:45 pm

It's almost finished! I just need to touch up some parts of it but otherwise it's ready for release!!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to General OLR Chit-Chat