Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

What's all this Gorillaz business?

Open forum for non-show specific discussion on Orange Lounge Radio including your suggestions for what you would like to see on the site & show.

What's all this Gorillaz business?

Postby mkelehan » Thu May 26, 2005 10:10 am

It's not like I didn't get sick of it on the radio... 4 years ago. This song is in what game? Or perhaps the artist, or even something that sounds sort of like it? I don't know... I listen to OLR because it has things I CAN'T find on regular FM radio. The gaming and Dancemania stuff is great, but I just can't figure out what this is doing there, and I always mute it when it comes on.

Hey, your station, play what you want. I just don't get it.
mkelehan
New Listener
New Listener

Postby skie » Thu May 26, 2005 11:54 am

If you're talking about the track in rotation, it's from the game/simulator MTV Music Generator 2.

I always would encourage our listeners to give feedback on the tracks by using the thumbs up & thumbs down in the Live365 player window. But do realize even though you may thumbs down a track, three people could thumbs it up. I don't know if this is the case with that particular song though. Since we're still experimenting with a "new" rotation (and this is part of that experiment), we're giving it 30 days before taking any final scores into account.

Thanks for the feedback, though...
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby mkelehan » Thu May 26, 2005 12:15 pm

Thanks. That answers my main question, on whether or not it was from a game. I play it in Winamp, so the thumbs up or down thing doesn't really work... so when you make your decisions on what to keep and what to lose, just pretend Clint Eastwood has one more down and Flowtation Vocal has one more up, and we'll call it even.
mkelehan
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkSakura » Fri May 27, 2005 4:41 pm

I could have put in Dub Dumb, since that was also in MTV Generator 2, but as I am a rabid Gorillaz fan, I jumped on the chance to put that in rotation.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby gameboyguy13 » Mon May 30, 2005 7:19 pm

Y'know, I've said this before, but I think a nice list of all songs that are in rotation would be extremely helpful...

I don't know exactly whether you can thumbs-up or -down a song more than once on Live365 (from an individual user), and I haven't exactly worked with the built-in poll interface on this BB, but I would definitely think that some sort of poll thing for each song would work well just to make sure that each user only votes once. Also, this would also let people gauge how popular a song is: y'know, stuff like wondering if you're the only person who likes Let Them Move, or something like that. Yeah. Maybe the BB isn't exactly the place for it, since what I've seen from the poll here is somewhat limited...
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Mon May 30, 2005 10:23 pm

Live 365's thumbs will only take one thumb (per song) per person.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby gameboyguy13 » Tue May 31, 2005 8:44 pm

Well, that's helpful to know. Next time I won't bother thumbing every two seconds on a really cool (or terrible) song. :P But I still think a nice list with scores would be nice just to see, anyway. :P
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby mkelehan » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:14 am

gameboyguy13 wrote:...stuff like wondering if you're the only person who likes Let Them Move, or something like that.

Yeah, you are. :-)
mkelehan
New Listener
New Listener

Postby gameboyguy13 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:53 pm

mkelehan wrote:
gameboyguy13 wrote:...stuff like wondering if you're the only person who likes Let Them Move, or something like that.

Yeah, you are. :-)

I didn't say I liked it; I hear that there might be some people out there who do. (Maybe they're deaf.) But that was just an example using a much-hated song.
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to General OLR Chit-Chat