Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Vote on the Gamefaqs Poll of the Day!

Open forum for non-show specific discussion on Orange Lounge Radio including your suggestions for what you would like to see on the site & show.

Vote on the Gamefaqs Poll of the Day!

Postby katamaris4ever » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Coming across Gamefaqs early today and found out the poll was about your favorite music game series. Please vote for DDR (or Parappa, if you're into that!)
http://www.gamefaqs.com
Waiting for the day DDR X gets released...
Sig added May 19, 2008
"Most people see the glass as half full. Other people just have glasses."
katamaris4ever
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby goldbanjo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:46 am

geez, most of the votes so far are for guitar hero or rock band, shows what most people know about music games these days, not that theres anything wrong with the same or nothin, just that the whole genre didnt come out guitar hero, and that they should try a variety of music game instead of going with the norm. oh well...
goldbanjo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby WarriorBob » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:00 am

goldbanjo wrote:shows what most people know about music games these days

I dunno, I started playing music games with DDR, then Beatmania, Guitar Freaks, then Drummania. And I voted for Rock Band since I think it's the best of them so far ;)
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SakuraMaxX » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:53 am

I voted on DDR. Pretty obvious why.
SakuraMaxX
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby goldbanjo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:44 pm

becuase its better than.....wait for it....wait for it. Oh nope I forgot what was gonna say :P
goldbanjo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby katamaris4ever » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:04 am

goldbanjo wrote:geez, most of the votes so far are for guitar hero or rock band, shows what most people know about music games these days, not that theres anything wrong with the same or nothin, just that the whole genre didnt come out guitar hero, and that they should try a variety of music game instead of going with the norm. oh well...

Sigh... Them kids these days. Always want Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I'll tell you what: This fad is going to be over in two years, so now what are you going to do with your 200 dollar controllers left like Virtual Boys!?! :twisted:
Sig added May 19, 2008
katamaris4ever
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:15 pm

katamaris4ever wrote:This fad is going to be over in two years,
I'm willing to bet you that things will only be better in two years for this genre.

Better for the masses, that is. Not for japanese fanboys.

I'm serious. I love the Bemani series to death, I still do. But you know what? I'll take Rock Band before I take Guitar Freaks/Drummania.

Why? Because Harmonix TOTALLY won where Konami failed (anyone remember session mode? DDR+BM substream? GF+DM+KBM?).

Konami set the stage, but Harmonix drew the curtains.

Konami isn't going anywhere, especially in Japan, and I really hope that Rock Revolution helps out their stake in america, unfortunately I don't think it's going to be well received.

Regardless, this genre is going to continue with the times, music lists will continue to adapt, and the genre will continue. The Music genre is now a staple (how entrenched in culture is music? my point exactly), and isn't going to "fade" like any other fad.

Music is life, the same can't be said for other things that are actually fads.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby katamaris4ever » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:14 pm

VxJasonxV wrote:
katamaris4ever wrote:This fad is going to be over in two years,
I'm willing to bet you that things will only be better in two years for this genre.

Better for the masses, that is. Not for japanese fanboys.

I'm serious. I love the Bemani series to death, I still do. But you know what? I'll take Rock Band before I take Guitar Freaks/Drummania.

Why? Because Harmonix TOTALLY won where Konami failed (anyone remember session mode? DDR+BM substream? GF+DM+KBM?).

Konami set the stage, but Harmonix drew the curtains.

Konami isn't going anywhere, especially in Japan, and I really hope that Rock Revolution helps out their stake in america, unfortunately I don't think it's going to be well received.

Regardless, this genre is going to continue with the times, music lists will continue to adapt, and the genre will continue. The Music genre is now a staple (how entrenched in culture is music? my point exactly), and isn't going to "fade" like any other fad.

Music is life, the same can't be said for other things that are actually fads.

I'm not saying the music genre is dying, it's my favorite game genre, but I'm saying that this guitar hero thing needs to slow down. If the folks at activision decide to whore out another installment of "Guitar Hero (Insert generic theme here)", then it'll be over, much like how Konami's killing DDR by releasing so-so mixes every year.
Sig added May 19, 2008
katamaris4ever
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to General OLR Chit-Chat