Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

How to listen to Orange Lounge Radio on your PSP

Open forum for non-show specific discussion on Orange Lounge Radio including your suggestions for what you would like to see on the site & show.

How to listen to Orange Lounge Radio on your PSP

Postby TigerClaw » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:45 pm

I can listen to OLR on my PSP using the PSPRadio homebrew program, I don't know if this method will work with the Internet Radio in the latest firmware. So I thought I would give you a bit of instructions on how to get the OLR live stream.

In order to listen to OLR's live stream from Live365, You have to register at www.live365.com Its free.

Log into your account at live365 and click on Help on the top right of the page.

Click on Listen Settings Page. On that page where it says MP3 Player, Put a dot at MP3 Player – iTunes, MusicMatch, Winamp or similar. Then click on Save Settings.

Now go to the OLR Live365 page on the link below.
http://www.live365.com/stations/orangelounge

Click on the Play button, The stream will open onto your mp3 player, Winamp or whatever is your default player. The stream will automatically start playing. For me its Winamp.

Next you need to retrieve the stream URL from the mp3 player, Since I use Winamp, I right click over it and click on View File Info, You would see the url to the stream, Copy the entire link.

The stream link is tied to your account and IP address. So it would look something like this for example.
http://www.live365.com/play/293654?bitrate=256&AuthType=NORMAL&membername=YourMemberNameHere&VisitCount=2&SaneID=0.0.0.0-1142820029925&lid=528-usa&pid=89502&now=1143424670826&session=27e7msfh5SrfE&tag=live365&LID=528-usa

You don't need to have your IP Address on there. So change the Ip address to 0.0.0.0. And remember, The URL you get will have your Member Name attached to it, So its gonna be different for everyone else, Even the URL.

In order to listen to OLR on PSP Radio, a homebrew app for the PSP. Heres what you do.

Open Notepad and copy and paste what you see below.

[playlist]
File1=Link Of The Stream Here
Title1=Orange Lounge Radio
NumberOfEntries=1
Version=2

Be sure you have Hide Extension For Known File Types unchecked in order to be able change the extension from txt to pls and then save as.

Once you created the pls file, You have to copy and paste it to the Playlist folder in the PSP Radio directory on your PSP.
TigerClaw
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Perhaps Overtaken By Events...

Postby Surtur » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:00 am

I have a PSP with 3.93 OFW and I'm using a internet radio player called iFreeRadio v1.7. It allows you to stream any Shoutcast station, or any .mp3 internet feed. You have to edit some javascript files (use notepad, not a big deal, really) to add the feeds/stations. It really overcomes the limitations of the official radio player.

I'll try to see if I can get it to work with the information you've given.
Surtur
New Listener
New Listener

Return to General OLR Chit-Chat