Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Questions about the mechanics of the rotation

Open forum for non-show specific discussion on Orange Lounge Radio including your suggestions for what you would like to see on the site & show.

Questions about the mechanics of the rotation

Postby gameboyguy13 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:19 pm

Two questions:
1. How often does the rotation play? I mean, how long will it be before a song plays again?
2. Do the ratings affect anything?

[edit] Oh yeah, more questions:
3. I noticed several ID3 tags on the playlist were either incorrect or missing info. 'Sthere a way to fix that? Ex: Right On Time is by Robbie Danzie, but I think only GF/DM is credited.
4. Is there a place to download MP3s of what's playing? I don't really feel like making low-quality WAVs of whatever plays. o_o

Thanks!
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:58 pm

By my listening, I usually don't hear the song more than once or twice a shift at work (which is when I primarily listen). So, every 5-6 hours?
The random nature sometimes causes only a couple tracks to repeat, and sometimes only a select handful of songs just keep getting chosen X_x.

It's all random. Have a listen and PRESS YOUR LUCK (just watch out for those stinkin' whammies).

Ratings effect our stats and position on Live365. Rate us as high as possible please :).
For songs specifically, that is more or less song feedback. We can see average score break downs of each song. So if we see a song with 15% of yes ratings total, we'll most likely pull it.

For convenience reasons, we list the game that the song originated from. We could edit in all the artists, that would make some song fields very long and potentially overflow.
(Don't take this to be a: We Won't do it, though.)

And lastly, OST and Game Rips. Especially the lastest songs, all hand made rips from our own copies. There is an exception for secret premiers ( like Your Rain ~Rage Mix~, Tittle Tattle, Jam On It, etc. ) which were graciously provided by Konami Reps before even publishers got their hands on pre-release review copies.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:06 am

There's enough music in there, I believe where you shouldn't hear the same song more than twice in one DAY... but Jason is right, the algorhythm is kinda fucked.... like in my ipod. LOL

We try to add new tracks regularly, and this tends to help the randomization and freshness of things :D
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby gameboyguy13 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:43 pm

Will there ever be a tracklisting? Y'know, if you do that, you could ... well, maybe entertain suggestions better since people would know what's in and what's not...
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:09 pm

Since we have a major playlist change coming in April, we'll consider releasing a master list at that point...
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby gameboyguy13 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:20 pm

That'd be awesome. ^^
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to General OLR Chit-Chat