Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

OLR: To Go (Podcast)

Open forum for non-show specific discussion on Orange Lounge Radio including your suggestions for what you would like to see on the site & show.

Postby blackdevilrx » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:05 pm

Well I figured since it was the podcast forum...

You guys have either finished or are just finishing the live show. It's a shame I can't connect or I'd post this in the chatroom...

I was listening to KGO Newstalk 810 (Yeah, yeah, corporate radio rawr at me) on my way back from Los Altos when a segment came on that talked about--you guessed it--podcasting! It's probably over now, but I'm sure you can download it via their website later...Anyway, it was talking about podcast and how it would revolutionize the internet radio world, and said stuff we've already covered, like how you don't have to have an iPod for it to work, etc. They said it was a good investment, and that it was like TiVo only for radio.

So yeah. I know I should have been listening to the show like a good listener slave, but I thought I'd make it up by posting about this interesting (if not informative) segment.

Edit: http://www.kgoam810.com/listingsEntry.a ... T=Archives -- That's where it should be, and I think it should be 9:00 p.m. to 10 p.m., towards the end of the show. I'm not sure if it's on there now, but it says something like only being available for 24 hours after the original broadcast, so I'd listen to it either now or tomorrow.

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

I had a question I forgot to ask: When EXACTLY do you guys record the show? That Monday night when it goes on podcast? Or that Monday afternoon? or WHAT?
blackdevilrx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:34 am

Hmmm I'll try to check that out blackdevilrx, thanks...

To answer your question, we tape Sunday nights, immediatley after the 3 hour program. This is why we don't do the "afterbirth" segment anymore. It's just easiest that way to have me, darksakura & loki all together already. We don't put them up RIGHT away because we kind of want to spread the OLR stuff we have throughout the week :)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Illusion » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:06 pm

Hooray, I figured out how to use the Podcast! Only complaint is that it isn't sassy enough. It's all "hey guys, let's talk about games" instead of "I'M ONLY TALKIN' BOUT SHAFT! DAAAAAAAAAMN STRAIGHT". Ya know?
Illusion
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:44 am

On a totally random side note.
A customer at work asked me about embedding media into his webpage, then about podcasting.
I had to put him on hold for a moment and laugh. I mean, I could rant for hours and hours to him, but I decided to just tell him "that's not related directly to web design" (that and we don't support web content anyways).
DEATH TO THE COMPETITION :D.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Podcast titles

Postby blackdevilrx » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:58 pm

Another great podcast. I really like this because I don't get to listen to the other live shows during the week, yet I can STILL keep up to date /w video games. So all my friends are really jealous of me :evil:

To help organize each podcast on iTunes, i've been giving each podcast a title relevant to something said within the first five minutes of each podcast. You all might remember saying these lines before, and maybe it will give you a little nostalgia as you've been doing it for about two months now. Here's what I've got so far:

First edition.
We're pod-tastic!
Perky!
Tech-massa.
Stupidbowl.
Single as Hell.
Peppy Le Pew!
Suck is Relative.
Throwing up gummi is no fun.

:D
blackdevilrx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Misty » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:57 pm

i have the "pod-tastic" episode saved so it comes up "pod-tastic burping war" in winamp. :D

... i've called it "stupidbowl" before. do it every damn year.
Proud ACen masquerade gofer: 2006-2008
Reg Staff: 2009
I still vote for the fort. >.> :P

Looking for old episodes that aren't on your feed reader or the OLR PSP site? I'm probably one your best bets. ^.^

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:12 pm

LOL i love the little titles you guys are coming up with.

We're really happy with the progress we've made with the podcast so stay tuned, it's only going to get better ^^
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Previous

Return to General OLR Chit-Chat